Welcome to LawCompass Help Desk
We congenially publish Case Law (Judgments, Law Principles, Comprehensive Case/Ratio Index; Legislations (LFN); Rules of Courts (Federal & States); Cause-Lists of selected Courts and much more on a user-friendly interface.
LawCompass Electronic Reports (LCER) is a digital affordable solution to legal research. Having registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with RC.1755235; Federal Ministry of Trade & Investment as well as the National Library of Nigeria with E-ISSN2955-0599 respectively, LCER was historically launched by Sani Katu, SAN in Kaduna, Kaduna Sate before the Chief Judge’s Court (Court 1) under the Chairmanship of Yunus Ustaz-Usman, SAN on the 29th day of July, 2022 with the Chief Judge of Kaduna State – Hon. Justice M.T.M. Aliyu as the Chief Host.
Our Name; Our Values
“To make the work of the Judges and Magistrates easier, Kaduna State Judiciary has concluded arrangements to install LawCompass Electronic Reports (LCER) for all the Judges and Magistrates… We encourage others to also take advantage of the Law Report (LCER)” (Ag. Chief Judge of Kaduna State)
“You are a worthy son of your father. Can my kith and kin achieve this much? So proud of you, Levi I. Shaapera, Esq. Founder/Editor-In-Chief of LawCompass Electronic Reports (LCER).“
“… I was almost taken unawares. Luckily, I remembered I had LawCompass on my phone. With a click, I got all the authorities I needed to support my argument. LCER is amazing”
0. What Do I Get By Subscribing To LawCompass?
1. Case Law
- Supreme Court cases from 1960 – date
- Classical/Selected Court of Appeal cases
- Thousands of Law Principles
- Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN)
- Laws of States (coming soon)
3. Rules of Court:
- Rules of all Federal Courts
- Rules of the High Courts of the 36 states plus FCT
4. Index: –
- Comprehensive yearly Judgment index
- Comprehensive yearly Principle index
- Comprehensive Area of Law Index
- Cause-List for selected Courts in Nigeria
- Efficient and reliable optional search engines
1. How Do I Subscribe To Law Compass?
- Download Law Compass from the Store(s) (if you have not already done so); or
- Search for “Law Compass” on any internet enabled device using any browser of your choice.
- From the App or internet browser, select “Subscribe” from the “Menu” LawCompass Home page
- “Select” the Subscription Plan that best suits your budget and Research needs.
- Complete the ‘Membership Checkout” Form and hit the “Check Out with Paystack” button.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment (e.g. Credit card; Transfer, Bank, Mobile etc.) and complete the payment.
- You may be directed to the dashboard after successful payment, where you will see welcome Your Name. You will also receive an email notification.
2. Will I Have Access To LawCompass 24/7?
Yes, LawCompass can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the World provided you have active subscription and internet access.
3. How Long Can I Use LawCompass?
Our Subscription Plans range from 48 hours to 3 years. The duration of usage depends completely on your Subscription Plan.
4. Can I Access My Account On Different Devices?
Yes, your Account is not restricted to a particular device. Therefore, your Account can be accessed on any internet enabled device, either through the mobile App or any browser of your choice.
NOTE: You can only log into one device at a time. Once you log into another device, you will be automatically logged out of the previous device.
5. I Have Forgotten My Password, What Can I Do?
- Input your “Username” or “Email Address” and click “Lost Password” beneath the “Log In” button.
- You will be prompted to “Please enter your Username or Email Address”
- You will receive a link to create a New Password via email once you hit “Get new password” button.
6. I Have Created Account But I Am Seeing “This Content Is For Paid Subscribers”
It’s possible that you have successfully created an account with LawCompass but you did not properly checkout through our payment partners. That is to say you have not yet paid!; or your subscription has expired.
Please, select “subscribe now” button under the message and follow the steps to properly checkout or renew your subscription.
7. Who Do I Contact For Support?
8. What Happens To My Account When I Change Device?
Change of device does not affect your LawCompass account.
You can download the App on the new device or access your Account through any browser of your choice.
9. Can I Edit My Profile
Yes, you can edit your profile under after log in.
HOME – My profile – Edit Profile.
NOTE: you cannot change your Username.
Part of Our Team